Bookify takes your privacy seriously. This Privacy Notice describes Bookify’s privacy practices in relation to information that we collect through our website, online forms and via other services provided by us offline. This Privacy Notice outlines:
- Who we are.
- What information we collect about you.
- How we collect the information.
- How we use that information.
- How we share information that we collect.
- How we store and secure information that we collect.
- Your rights as a data subject.
- How you can access and control your information.
- Other important details.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to the practices of third parties that Bookify does not own or control.
- Who we are
Bookify is a space utilisation management system that manages the hybrid workforce via four main types of bookings:
- Day pass,
- Visitor booking,
- Meeting room booking and
- Vehicle booking.
If you have a query in relation to how your data is handled, you can contact us by email
Email: [email protected]
- What information we collect about you
Bookify collects the following information:
- Personal Data. “Personal Data” is information that, directly or indirectly, identifies you or another individual. Personal data we collect: Name, company name, phone number, work email, vehicle registration, vehicle make and whether your vehicle is electric or not, If you submit any Personal Data relating to other people to us or to our service providers, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
- Other Information. “Other Information” is any information that does not and cannot be used to reveal your identity or that of another individual, such as information which has been fully and permanently anonymised. We use this information for other purposes as described below.
- Location Information:We may collect the precise or general location information provided by your device. See the YOUR CHOICES section below for more information about how to disable or limit the collection of GPS data.
Special categories of Personal Data (sensitive data) is not collected.
- Your choices
You have choices about certain information we collect, how we communicate with you, and how we process certain personal data. When you are asked to provide information, you may decline to do so; but if you choose not to provide information that is necessary to provide any aspect of our Services, you may not be able to use those Services.
- Communications Opt-Out. You may opt out of receiving marketing or other communications from us at any time through a given communications channel (such as email or telephone) by following the opt-out link or other unsubscribe instructions provided in any email message received, by contacting us as provided at the end of this Privacy Notice, or by informing our customer service representatives of your desire to opt out. If you wish to opt out by sending us an email to the address provided below, please include “Opt-Out” in the email’s subject line and include your name and the email address you used to sign up for communications in the body of the email.
- Note that if you do business with us in the future, you may not, subject to applicable law, opt out of certain automated notifications, such as order or subscription confirmations, based on business transactions (e.g., e-commerce).
- Location Information. If you want to limit or prevent our ability to receive location information from you, you can deny or remove the permission for certain Services to access location information or deactivate location services on your device. Please refer to your device manufacturer or operating system instructions for instructions on how to do this.
- Cookies, Web Tracking, and Advertising. Consult our Cookie Notice for more information about how to control and/or opt out of certain web tracking technologies. View our Cookie Notice.
How We collect the information
Bookify collects Personal Data and Other Information in a number of ways:
|Purpose of collection|
|From you:||Bookify collects information such as your name, company name, work email, phone number, vehicle registration number and whether the vehicle is electric or not when you voluntarily provide this data to us.|
- How we use that information
We use Personal Data:
- In order to facilitate the booking of a day pass, to make a visitor booking or to book a meeting room or car parking space.
- Collection of location data for automatic check in purposes for day pass, door access or meeting room check in.
- To send administrative information such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To administer and protect our business and platform (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data).
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our operations and expanding our business activities.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal grounds we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To facilitate the booking of a day pass, to make a visitor booking or to book a meeting room or car parking space.||Personal data||Where processing is necessary in the performance of a contract with your employer or where the processing is in the legitimate interests of your employer.|
|To send administrative information such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.||Personal data||Where processing relates to the performance of a contract with your employer or where the processing is in the legitimate interests of your employer.|
|To administer and protect our business and platform (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data).||Personal data,
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise).
Necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
|For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our platform and services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our operations and expanding our business activities.||Personal data,
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy).|
|As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, of you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.||Personal data||Necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
Necessary for our legitimate interests to prevent fraud.
- How we share information that we collect
We will not share Personal Data outside of the Bookify app with any external 3rd party company unless we believe necessary and appropriate to law enforcement, tax, fraud prevention, credit risk agencies and other companies and organisations for the reasons given under Section 1.4 above.
We do not share your data outside of the UK.
We use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Data under applicable law, then we would use or disclose it in the same way that we use and disclose Personal Data. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Data (such as combining your name with the name of your organisation). If that combination permits you to be identified, we will treat the combined information as Personal Data for as long as it is combined.
- How we store and secure information that we collect
We have implemented appropriate organisational, technical, and administrative measures to protect data within our organisation, including security controls to prevent unauthorised access to our systems. These include: Testing, vulnerability scanning, the use of multi-factor authentication and encryption where possible.
While we take reasonable steps to secure your data from loss, misuse, interference and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure, you should be aware no security procedures or protocols are ever guaranteed to be 100 percent secure from intrusion or hacking, and there is therefore always some risk assumed by sharing Personal Data online. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the Contact Us section below.
- Your rights as a data subject
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply, you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – while you have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling, we do not use automated decision-making nor profiling in the processing or your personal data.
- Right to complain and judicial review: in the event that Bookify refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in Section 1.9 below.
- How you can access and control your information
If you would like to access, correct, amend, remove, object or limit the use or disclosure of any Personal Data about you that has been collected and stored by Bookify, or have it transferred to another organisation, please notify us using the email provided in Contact Us under Section 1.9, so that we may consider and respond to your request in accordance with applicable law.
For your protection, we only implement requests with respect to the Personal Data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will action your request within one month.
Please note that we need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such access, change or deletion.
- Other important details
How long Bookify will retain your Personal Data
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. Based on this information if a user has not logged into the app for 90 days, we classify this account as inactive and begin the processes of termination. Please note before termination is actioned, we will send an email to the user to confirm that the account is inactive, and the account will be terminated if the user does not log into the app within 14 days of receipt of email. Total days for full termination including option to activate period is 104 days. Alternatively, you can request via email to have your data removed, please contact:
Email: [email protected]
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Third Party Sites
Some websites, social media and applications permit you to link to other websites on the Internet through direct links or through applications such as “share” or “like” buttons, and other websites likewise may contain links to our sites. The information practices or content of such other websites is governed by the privacy statements of those websites and not by this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to review the privacy notices found on such other websites, services and applications to understand how your information is collected and used by them.
Similarly, please note that we are not responsible for the collection, use and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organisations, such as Apple, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Microsoft, Twitter or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including any Personal Data you disclose to other organisations through or in connection with the Apps or the Social Media Pages.
Personal data of Children
Bookify does not process personal information of children.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Bookify may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. The “date amended” appears at the bottom of this privacy notice and this date indicates when the Privacy Notice was last revised.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints regarding the way we collect and handle your information, please contact:
Email: [email protected]
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include bank account information or sensitive (special categories of personal data) information in your emails to us.
Your right to make a complaint
Bookify will take any privacy complaint seriously and any complaint will be assessed by an appropriate person with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with any relevant information that we may need.
You also have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. Their contact details are as follows:
Information Commissioners Office
Phone: 0303 123 1113
Privacy Notice – Date Amended: 1st Sept 2023.
Phone: 0303 123 1113
Privacy Notice – Date Amended: 20th June 2022.